- NEW! Customized for homeschooling
- NEW! 12 Investigations and an Illustrated Glossary
- 120 Lessons. Each daily lesson includes warm-up activities, teaching of the new concept, and practice of new and previous material.
- NEW! Two-color format
- 627 pages
Tests and Worksheets Booklet
- Testing schedule and 23 cumulative Tests
- NEW! Worksheets for one student for one year, including Facts Practice Tests and Activity Sheets
- NEW! Various Recording Forms for tracking student progress on assignments and tests
- NEW! Full step-by-step solutions to all Lesson and Investigation problems
- NEW! Full step-by-step solutions to the 23 cumulative Tests
- NEW! Answers to Supplemental Practice Problems and Facts Practice problems
Saxon Homeschool Math 54, SAXON MATH 54, Saxon Math 5/4, Third Edition (2005 copyright), Soft Cover, 2 Color Work-Text
Saxon Math 54 is, along with the entire Saxon Mathematics series, is the most popular math program in the USA for homeschooling as it provides both great value while systematically distributing instruction, practice, and assessment throughout the academic year. Most math programs typically concentrate, focus, or mass, related concepts into a short period of time--usually within a unit or chapter. Saxon Math's unique approach to math instruction ensures that students not only gain but also retain essential math skills.
Saxon Math 54 is an introduction to basic, mid-level math concepts such as whole numbers, computation algorithms, geometry, patterns, and sequences. Saxon Math 54 contains a thorough review of concepts and procedures related to whole number operations, including single-digit multiplication and division. Word problems are incrementally developed and continually practiced throughout the year. Saxon Math 54 helps students extend their understanding of critical skills and concepts such as number sense, numeration, numerical operations, measurements and geometry, patterns, relationships, math functions, and data manipulation through charts.
Saxon Mathematics 54 is made up of five instructional components:
1) Facts Practice, Mental Math, and Problem Solving
2) Daily Lesson
3) Daily Practice
4) Daily Problem Solving
5) Cumulative Tests.
Saxon Math 54 is a balanced, integrated mathematics program that includes incremental development of; whole number concepts and computation, mental math, problem solving, patterns and functions, measurement, geometry, fractions, decimals, statistics and probability.
Saxon Math 54 new enhancements include; Step-by-step solutions to: problems, problem solving exercises, investigations, facts practice, activities & tests. Additional features are; improved math content, consumable facts practice and activity worksheets, progress tracking forms, softbound, 2-color layout and fresh colorful covers.
Everything you need for a full level of Saxon Math!
The Saxon Math 54 Homeschool Kit includes three components:
1. Student Textbook with 120 lessons, each with 4 parts.
2. Solutions Manual containing solutions & answers.
3. Tests and Worksheets (consumable) - Facts Practice Tests, Investigations and Tests.
Activity Sheets Tests, & Progress Recording Forms
-The softcover worktext
-A full size workbook containing master pages to support some lesson activities
-Tests for the complete course
-A complete book of answers to all the tests
-The practice sets in the text book.
Note: *Old edition materials cannot be used with the new 2004 edition series.
Saxon Math 54, Home Study Kit
The Homeschool Kit consists of:
Homeschool Student Edition
Homeschool Tests and Worksheets
Homeschool Solutions Manual