Saxon Homeschool Math 87, SAXON MATH 87,
Saxon Math 8/7, Saxon Math 8/7 with Pre-Algebra,
Third Edition (2005 copyright), Soft Cover, 2 Color Work-Text
- NEW! Customized for homeschooling
- NEW! Investigations and an Illustrated Glossary
- 120 Lessons. Each daily lesson includes warm-up activities, teaching of the new concept, and practice of new and previous material.
- NEW! Two-color format
- 872 pages
Tests and Worksheets Booklet
- Testing schedule and 23 cumulative Tests
- NEW! Worksheets for one student for one year, including Facts Practice Tests and Activity Sheets
- NEW! Various Recording Forms for tracking your child's progress on assignments and tests
- NEW! Full step-by-step solutions to all Lesson and Investigation problems
- NEW! Full step-by-step solutions to the 23 cumulative Tests
- NEW! Answers to Supplemental Practice Problems and Facts Practice problems
Suggested for use in 7th Grade
Saxon Math 87 is a major homeschool math program on the market today. Saxon Math 87 systematically distributes instruction, practice, and assessment throughout the academic year. Most math programs typically concentrate, focus, or mass, related concepts into a short period of time--usually within a unit or chapter. Saxon Mathematics' unique approach to math instruction ensures that students not only gain but also retain essential math skills.
Saxon Mathematics 87 is a pre-algebra program for students who have completed Saxon Math 76. Saxon Math 87 includes a range of upper-level skills and concepts such as scientific notation, complex statistics, arcs, sectors, and the Pythagorean Theorem.
Saxon Math 87 is the culmination of Saxon Homeschool Math for Middle Grades, reviewing arithmetic calculation, measurements, basic geometry, and other foundational concepts and skills. At the same time, Saxon Math 87 includes extensive pre-algebra exercises, preparing the students for upper-level mathematics.
Saxon Math 87 is made up of five instructional components:
1) Facts Practice and Problem Solving
2) Daily Lessons
3) Daily Practice
4) Daily Problem Sets
5) Cumulative Tests.
Investigations, which are activity-based variations of the Daily Lessons, are distributed throughout the text. Daily problem-solving exercises further augment student skills.
Saxon Math 87 new enhancements include; Step-by-step solutions to: problems, problem solving exercises, investigations, facts practice, activities & tests. Additional features are; improved math content, consumable facts practice and activity worksheets, progress tracking forms, softbound, 2-color layout and fresh colorful covers.
Saxon Math 87 is a transition program for students who have completed Saxon Math 76 but are not ready to begin pre-algebra. The textbook contains no answers, however an answer key is provided for all homework problems.
Saxon Math 87 emphasizes concepts and skills necessary for success in upper-level mathematics courses, including: fractions, decimals, percents, ratios, perimeter, circumference, area, volume, exponents, scientific notation, signed numbers, problem-solving techniques using word problems
Everything you need for a full level of Saxon Math!
The Saxon Math 87 Homeschool Kit includes three components:
1. Student Textbook with 120 lessons, each with 4 parts.
2. Solutions Manual containing solutions & answers.
3. Tests and Worksheets (consumable) - Facts Practice Tests, Investigations and Tests.
Activity Sheets Tests, & Progress Recording Forms
-The softcover worktext
-A full size workbook containing master pages to support some lesson activities
-Tests for the complete course
-A complete book of answers to all the tests
-The practice sets in the text book.
Note: *Old edition materials cannot be used with the new 2004 edition series.
Saxon Math 87, (Revised) Home Study Kit
The Homeschool Kit consists of:
Homeschool Student Edition
Homeschool Tests and Worksheets
Homeschool Solutions Manual
Saxon 87, Click Here